Friday, April 15, 2011

A little About me


Anthony and I! :)


My name is Stephanie Righetti I am born in raised in San Jose Ca. I grew up in a family of baseball players. My papa played for the Yankees, my uncle played for the Yankees and is now the SF Giants pitching coach, and my Dad was drafter by the Texas Rangers and played in their minor league system, and my boyfriend is playing in the Colorado Rockies minor league System. (Is that enough baseball for ya!?) Growing up and being the first girl in my family to come along it was probably predicted that i play softball ... but of course that wasn't the case and i decided to play soccer. I am currently in my last year at SJSU and i played 4 years of soccer there as well. ( So glad it is almost over! yess!) I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to play the sport i love in college and make such amazing friends and memories to last me a life time.

While attending SJSU i met my Boyfriend Anthony. Ant was a junior transfer out of Fullerton JC coming to SJSU to play baseball. I being a baseball fan always attended our schools baseball games. Anthony was the catcher and i would always tell my friends i just thought he was adorable... but i was a freshman and he was a junior so i just figured it would only ever be a little crush and nothing would come of it!  After all Anthony was older and just seemed so mature and focused ( haha oh how i was wrong about that!!)... little to my surprise one of our mutual friends invited us both over to play some Sheraids... we officially met and got to talking and he asked me out on our first official date and we have been together ever sense!

In June Anthony was hoping to get drafted to play baseball for any major league team... The drafted happened and unfortunately for Ant his dreams of playing pro baseball were over. That summer was the most difficult thing our relationship had ever endured. Anthony didn't know who he was without baseball and almost felt lost in life. He was no longer Anthony Aguilera the catcher ,but only Anthony Aguilera! It was a huge adjustment for not only him but me. i felt so helpless in those months and just prayed and prayed every night for a miracle to come. i would tell Ant every day to never give up and just believe in his abilities cause something will come knocking... He of course being the nice guy he is just went along with my silly little feeling that something great would come along for him if he just believed , kept prayer, and never gave up....

November 2009 A scout called Anthony when he was at home for Thanksgiving about a contract with the Colorado Rockies and if he would be interested... It was of course for no money but for an amazing opportunity to make his dreams of being a professional baseball player come true! He accepted the offer! I was in San Jose having Thanksgiving with my family and got a call from him telling me the amazing news... tears came to my eyes... i was filled with happiness for him! (I know every girlfriend thinks their boyfriend is great and believes he deserves his hopes and dreams and what kind of girlfriends would we be if we didn't) i was so happy and excited for him and i know he will take this second chance at his dream and go far with it because of the type of person he is!

Anthony signing with the Rockies meant our life was going to change... no going to school together, hanging out after school, getting dinner, going to the movies, ext. all very small things that i took for granted! Anthony being signed meant 6 months apart from each other. Long distance relationships are not the easiest things to conquer but we have been making it work for two years now! the off seasons are like little mini honeymoons... and the three-five day visits every month or every other months are moments and times i cherish!

Its not an easy road, but it has definitely made me stronger, and our relationship stronger!


and that's just a little about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment